I don’t do a lot of round ups around here, but you all know how I feel about fall – specifically, Portland fall. Love. Big, big, cozy wooly love. I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite autumn things that are made right here in Portland, that you might share in them, love them, snuggle and knit them, and generally take a touch of my favorite season in my favorite place into your home if you so choose. Because FALL guys. Fall. Mmmmmmm.
1) You can’t fake Portland fall without legit coffee. Thankfully, the seriously legit folks at almost-too-hip-to-handle Coava will ship their delicious magic to your door. Sweet of them, no?
2) For those of you with littles, cold season is often completely un-fun. I love this all natural alternative to Vicks to rub on congested little chests and the soles of sleepy toddler feet. Baby Carrot Children’s Herbal Chest Rub. Maybe also I use this on myself. Maybe.
3) I always want to knit green things in the fall, so my seasonally misaligned cravings bring you this delicious wool from Knitted Wit. Dyed to order and available in several weights. Heavenly.
4) The difficult-to-track-down-but-so-incredibly-worth-it Mulling Spices lip balm from Wee Mindings. It isn’t on their website, but email and ask for it. Reminds me of the Lip Venom I was addicted to in high school, but without the numb and swelling cinnamon madness and, instead, just the perfect spicy lingering yum. If you’re local, I picked this up at Portland Homestead Supply Co in Sellwood.
5) Local artist Scott Erickson is one of my favorite artists and humans, and I am seriously coveting one these Society6 totes with his Rise print. Society6 is hit or miss for me, but I do love their totes, and this one... yes please.
6) My friend Mollie of Simply Carried just introduced me to the magic that is the Green Tea Facial Cream from Urban Oreganics. Guys, I have the most incredibly sensitive skin, and thanks to my dance with Acutane in early adulthood, my face basically falls off every year in October. It’s incredibly attractive. This completely organic, vegan, magical cream is saving my face. Literally. Face SAVED. I cannot say enough nice things about it.
7) It’s fall. It’s fall, so we eat chocolate – that’s a thing, right. If you’re going to eat chocolate, eat this chocolate. You’re welcome.
8) House Spirits Coffee Liqueur is one of my favorite things to give as a gift, to get as a gift, to cozy up to… it’s delicious. I dare you to find someone who doesn’t like it. Okay, no, your teetotaler friends don’t count. Nice try though.
My loves – cozy up. Cozy in. Stay healthy, keep your faces on. Love your fall.
Disclaimer: No products, money, or other incentives were exchanged in the making of this list. I just really like this things and thought maybe you would too.
Such a great fall list! I love that baby carrot balm! So good. And seriously, that facial cream feels like butter. It’s on my list now, fo sho.
Such a great fall list! Portland sounds wonderfully cozy this time of year. The leaves are starting to turn mustard yellow, and crimson red in my corner of the earth–rural Nebraska–and the yumac has only begun to blush faintly. That picture of the deep green yarn has me thinking about knitting something soon. I find that there are certain college classes that it helps to keep my hands busy in! 😉
I love that you made a local list. There are some great things in all cities and it’s nice to have them all in one place!
I love this local Portland fall list! I’m off to buy some Baby Carrot Children’s Herbal Chest Rub for my son and some House Spirits Coffee Liqueur for mommy and daddy. LOL… More of these lists in the future please! 😀